Publisher Paradox Interactive announced new content for Tyranny, the award-winning role-playing game (RPG) developed by Obsidian Entertainment. This new content includes the Tyranny: Bastard’s Wound expansion and a new Event Pack.
The Bastard’s Wound expansion opens up a new area of the Tiers where refugees from the war-torn world have established a haven in secret. New characters and new stories await players in this expansion, including a closer look at the world of the Beastmen, the fate of a refugee settlement, and all-new companion quests featuring three of Tyranny’s most memorable party members. The expansion will launch later this year on Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs
- A Refuge from Kyros: Players will explore an all-new section of the world, centered around an illegal settlement of those who have fled the devastation of the war. What sentence will you mete out to the stragglers?
- Companion Quests: Learn more about the history and personality of Verse, Barik, and Lantry, in new quests and interactions to earn their loyalty or enmity.
- Loyalty and Service: Bastard’s Wound will arrive alongside a free update to Tyranny, including new voice-acting, expanded content in the game’s third act, and an all-new path to an unseen ending. What fate awaits those who remain truly loyal to Kyros?
In addition, for players who can’t wait to experience new content, a new Event Pack has been released today, titled "Tales from the Tiers," featuring new world events and expanded quests for the original Tyranny.
Tales from The Tiers expands your journey through the war-torn world of Tyranny, with new travel map events, encounters, and side stories. Outwit hostile ambushes, patronize or plunder traveling merchants, and use your skills to navigate the perils of a land plagued by magical Edicts in a series of episodes that offer new insights, new items, and new challenges on your journey. Whether you’re new to Tyranny or playing an existing savegame, Tales from The Tiers lets you take an even deeper dive into the saga of Tyranny.
- New Travel Events: Random encounters while traveling may lead to new quests, or new events focused on companions and new NPCs
- Expanded Story: Learn more about the people and places of the Tiers with more than 40 vignettes to encounter on your journey.
- New items: Find over a dozen new items and countless new ways to gain loyalty and fear with your companions and the factions of Tyranny.
- More Replay Options: A free patch adds New-Game-Plus mode and character re-spec options for an easier way to explore other plotlines.