Nintendo and GameFreak have announced during the recent Nintendo Direct that Pokkén Tournament DX is coming to Nintendo Switch later this year.
Previously released for Nintendo Wii U and arcade, Pokkén Tournament DX will Include all the content from both versions of Pokkén Tournament, and introduces an array of exciting new features to create the ultimate Pokkén experience. The game will feature over 20 pokémon, each with their own unique characteristics and battle styles.
Features of Pokkén Tournament DX include:
- Play Pokkén anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokkén Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
- A brand-new fighter — Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokémon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokémon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokémon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle - All characters and Support Pokémon will be available right from the start of the game.
Pokkén Tournament DX will launch on Nintendo Switch on the 22nd of September.