Lode Runner Legacy, the newest chapter of the classic Lode Runner platformer series, is now available for download on Steam, Publisher Tozai Games announced.
In Lode Runner, players manipulate "Runner" to infiltrate the evil empire and recover stolen gold while avoiding enemies and minefields. The ingenious balance of puzzle and action gameplay from the original game is alive in Lode Runner Legacy, along with many new features that offer a fresh Lode Runner experience to both new players and returning fans alike.
Lode Runner's fast-paced action takes place in static, maze-like levels, where a single player dodges deadly enemies while running and climbing platforms to claim stacks of gold. Jumping and shooting foes is forbidden; instead, players achieve victory by anticipating guards' movements, trapping their pursuers, or blasting blocks to access lower platforms. The increasingly complex levels challenge players' problem-solving skills and reflexes-it's safe to say this platformer isn't for the faint of heart.
- Adventure Mode: Infiltrate the evil Empire and bring back stolen gold!
- Puzzle Mode: It’s all puzzles, all the time. No enemies allowed.
- Classic mode: Play the original 150 levels in 3D!
- World Levels: An outstanding collection of user-created levels.
- Level Editor: Create your own levels and share with other fans.
- Character Editor: Design your own Runner and enemies.
- Item Editor: Create custom gold items.
- Online Rankings: Compete against other fans in global standings.
Lode Runner Legacy is available at a special launch price of $15.99 until July 20th, before returning to its regular price of $19.99.