Developer Gears for Breakfast announced that A Hat in Time will release this fall on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
A Hat in Time is a cute-as-heck 3D collect-a-thon platformer that holds the honor of being one of the largest Kickstarter-funded indie 3D platformers, reaching almost 1000% of its original Kickstarter goal. This charming adventure channels the spirit of beloved genre-based games such as Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Psychonauts.
As Hat Kid, a little girl with a lot of heart and a powerful punch, players will travel through five incredibly diverse and giant open worlds, smack around baddies and unlock sweet new hats with all-new abilities. Enjoy your trip through space and time, and protect the world from the evil Mustache Girl.
- Seven Worlds to Explore: Play through massive worlds Mafia Town, Subcon Forest, Battle of the Birds, Alpine Skyline and two free DLC worlds post-launch!
- Exploration is Key: Every nook and cranny contains some type of goody to help you overcome new obstacles!
- Pick on Someone Not Your Own Size: Hat Girl may be small, but she packs a punch! Defeat an eclectic cast of baddies to unlock goodies and fight giant bosses!
- Yay Upgrades: Improve your weapon with new platforming moves and combat ability unlocks!
- Badges: Don't tell the scouts, but badges actually give you special powers!
- F is for Friends Who Do Stuff Together: A post-release multiplayer update will let you grab a buddy and enjoy the game together in co-op multiplayer split-screen and online!
- Put Some Pep in Your Step: Featuring music co-composed by Grant Kirkhope, the composer for Banjo-Kazooie!
More details on the game will be revealed at Gamescom.