Developer and publisher Ripstone announced that Chess Ultra is available now on Nintendo Switch. Those excited to see the game can check out the trailer below.
Chess Ultra fully utilises the array of intuitive playing options on Nintendo Switch. Fans can play on the big screen with the console docked, in tabletop mode with the Pro Controller, and on the go in handheld mode using either the Joy-Con controllers or by taking advantage of full touch screen functionality. Additional to this, the game also includes a unique way for two people to play the game in local multiplayer cross-table playing mode, whereby the console acts as the chess board. Place the console down between you and your opponent to play cross-table chess. Each player uses an individual Joy-Con controller to take their turn, and the game features an adaptive UI for cross-table play meaning you can focus on your strategy and enjoy the ultimate table top challenge.
- Stunning environments and beautiful chess sets, including a ‘Fire and Brimstone’ chess set that literally burns
- 10 Grandmaster approved AI levels
- Comprehensive time controls, including Classical, Blitz and Marathon, all available online
- Intuitive local and online multiplayer with ELO ranking system
- Cross-platform online play between Xbox One and PC
- Spectate and compete in Official Ripstone tournaments
- Numerous playing options including full touch screen and cross-table playing modes
- Over 80 chess puzzles
- Re-write the past by winning the biggest historic matches
- In-depth tutorials
Chess Ultra is priced at £9.99/$12.49/€12.49.