Developer Weird & Wry announced that its strategy simulation game The Spatials: Galactology, sequel to 2015's The Spatials, is now available for PC via Steam. A genre-bending mix of base building and resource management gameplay with a dynamic loot system and randomly-generated galaxies, Galactology features deeper, more rewarding mechanics than the original game, as well as enough content (and new features) to satisfy even the most hardcore simulation fans.
Galactology is The Spatials reimagined as a much larger and more rewarding simulation game. With mod support and active pause, the game adds new items and structures to build, trade routes to exploit, planets with many new variables, sophisticated AI, civilizations that actually attack your station – and unique gameplay systems behind every object and room. The game also ships with full Steam Workshop compatibility and includes a large chunk of gameplay source code with every copy sold.
The galaxy the Spatials once knew has changed. The Federation is collapsing, a 5,000-year-old cat is leading a revolution, strange cults are flourishing, and the worst chef of all time is a TV superstar. It's time for the Spatials to start a new era of science and diplomacy by building the ultimate tourist trap – er ... vacation hotspot in the outer reaches of the universe.
The Spatials: Galactology realizes the full potential of the original game. When we released The Spatials, we knew that it was a young star ready to go supernova. With some time and effort on our part, The Spatials has expanded into a whole new game; we now have three more alien civilizations, colonies that can be built on planets, Steam Workshop support for awesome new mods, and even a hotel system. If you're into simulation – or just wish you could build your very own intergalactic business – The Spatials: Galactology will give you all the strategic thrills you can handle.
- Reinforce your colony space station with new buildings, staff, and robots.
- Build spaceships as you explore the galaxy.
- Forge trade links and defend your allies from enemies.
- Earn in-game cash by growing your colony's hospitality business, trading with other civilizations, and plundering planets!
- Explore a detailed simulation featuring many systems to tinker with – including logistics, manufacturing, research, healthcare, disease, emotional breakdowns, combat, hunger, thirst, cleaning, decay, security, fire, and more.
- Handle random events that keep you on the edge – including invasions, spies, space monsters, medical emergencies, malfunctions, VIPs, and nosy bureaucrats with unreasonable demands.
- Item and officer progression systems featuring desires, feelings, and minds of their own.
The Spatials: Galactology is now available on Steam as a full release for $9.09. The game will return to its original price of $12.99 on April 25.