Canadian developer and publisher Digital Extremes announced that the new Warframe story-centric update, The Sacrifice, will be debuting this week on PC. In the wake of a cliff-hanging story sequence revealed last December, the ensemble of familiar characters and story structure turns toward the surreal. A foreboding vision will lead you, the Tenno, on a hunt for a savage new Warframe.
The Sacrifice is for all Warframe players, but only dedicated Tenno who have trekked deep enough into the game can start it. Only upon completing The Second Dream, The War Within, Chains of Harrow and the Apostasy Prologue will steadfast Tenno learn the plight of The Lotus, Ballas, and the creation of the Warframes. Tenno will wind through a labyrinthine gauntlet of action-filled gameplay, flashbacks and cutscenes in this harrowing new Cinematic Quest.
- UMBRA, AT LAST: Ferocious and untamed, Umbra's fury is second only to his mastery of the blade. Complete The Sacrifice to discover the power of Umbra.
- UI, PRIMED: Warframe's user interface is ever-evolving. Experience the first step in this brand-new UI, including a revamped inventory menu, customizable UI themes, updated vendor menus (like Baro, Syndicates, etc.), new UI sounds across all menus, and more!
- TENNO CUSTOMIZATIONS: Embrace the shadows with these ancient Orokin masterpieces.
- Umbra Armor: Eclipse the darkness of Umbra with this Armor Set for any Warframe.
- Umbra Operator Cosmetics: Adorn your Operator with these ascendant Cosmetics.
- Umbra Hooded Scarf: Prowl the night with this masterful scarf.
- Umbra Blindfold: Embrace the shadows with this elegant blindfold.
- Umbra Diadem: Adorn your Operator with this ascendant crown.
- Umbra Earpiece: Dazzle your foes with these ancient earpieces.
- Umbra Kubrow Armor: Howl at the moon with the Umbra Kubrow Armor Set.
- Umbra Kavat Armor: The Umbra Kavat Armor Set embodies the height of feline Fashion Frame.
The Sacrifice update will arrive on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this summer.