Square Enix have announced their financial earnings for the first half of fiscal year 2011, revealing drops in both sales and earnings.
Sales performed below expected forecasts, dropping from last year's 90,561 million yen to 60,056 million yen. However, although earnings for operating income dropped more than half, it still hit the expected spot at 5712 million yen.
Andriasang reports that Square Enix has sold 8.17 million units of software within the six month period. These are their top sellers,
- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2: 1.28 million
- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days: 1.12 million
- Final Fantasy XIV: 0.63 million
- Just Cause 2: 0.56 million
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: 0.51 million
All three major regions have contributed equally with Japan moving 2.84 million, Europe with 2.71 million and North America with 2.48 million units.