NIS America have announced that the highly praised 2007 PS2 strategy game GrimGrimoire is now readily available on the PlayStation Network as part of the newly launched Only on PSN program, which brings classic PS2 games to the PS3.
Co-developed by Nippon Ichi Software and Vanillaware, the game allows players to take on the role of Lillet Blan, a young magician who is admitted to a prestigious and mystical magic school; however, on the fifth day of school, everyone mysteriously vanishes. Lillet awakens the next day to discover she is once again living out the first day of school; but her memories from the previous days are intact, giving her the opportunity to solve the mystery behind the disappearances and prevent the tragedy from occurring.
Game features include:
- 4 major magic types to master: Glamour, Necromancy, Sorcery and Alchemy. Each type has its own unique abilities and can summon different types of units!
- Defend your base by summoning elves, fairies, imps, and more to fight for you! Collect mana to summon units and cast spells!
- Gorgeously animated 2D characters come to life on your screen!
- Story Mode unleashes great mysteries while preparing you for battle.
- Battle takes place in a side view environment with real-time action.
Fans and newcomers alike can pick the game up for just $9.99 on the PlayStation Network. NIS America have also released some screenshots for your viewing pleasure, which you can find below or over at our Facebook page.