Bethesda has revealed that mod support for Fallout 4 is nearly complete and will be coming out on PC in April. Game director Todd Howard told Game Informer that it become available first on PC, and on consoles a month or two later.
"We want to get it up on PC and have it work," said Howard. "It'll go up at that time on PC. In April. All of that stuff will go up on PC. It'll probably be a good month before it hits Xbox One, and another month for PlayStation 4."
In addition, a new beta update for the PC version of Fallout 4 is currently available on Steam. This update adds support for the upcoming DLC packs, and introduces customization options for the Workshop and several gameplay fixes. You can check the full patch notes below.
Additional art customization added to Workshop:
- Super Mutant clutter including meat totems, meat bags and meat cart
- Raider clutter including raider poles, cages and tents
- Abstract and portrait paintings
- Variety of new signs
- More metal and wood doors variants
- General stability and performance improvements
- During "Getting a Clue" quest, Kellogg's desk will remain a working container
- During "Rocket's Red Glare", resolved issue where companions could not be dismissed after completing the quest
- Fixed an issue with "Kremvh's Tooth" quest item not spawning properly
- Settlements under attack will now display an updated message with the results of the attack if player does not respond
- Fixed an issue with screen effects not clearing away properly after using a scope
- Fixed an issue with trying to sprint while in third person with a minigun equipped
- Rank 4 of Demolition Expert perk now properly increases the area effect of explosives
- The Scrounger perk now includes additional common ammo types
- Fixed an issue where Calvin Whitaker would disappear in Vault 81
- Fixed an issue where Ninja and Sandman perks combined would apply the incorrect damage bonus
- Fixed an issue where Rank 3 of Grim Reaper's Sprint did not fill critical meter properly
- Fixed an issue with key cards not spawning correctly in Vault 75
- Fixed an issue where enemies would stop spawning during "Airship Down"
- Being in first person while wearing power armor and quickly switching weapons will no longer cause the Pip-Boy to be stuck
- Fixed an issue with the autosave counter getting incorrectly reset
- Fixed issue that would cause the Pip-Boy menu to turn invisible while swimming
- Fixed an issue where scrapping larger quantities of a single item would inadvertently scrap a legendary item
- Fixed issue where exiting workbenches would cause third person to stop working properly
- The Scribe can now be assigned consecutive settlements properly
- Fixed issue with duplicating scraps shipments
- Fixed issue with vendors not properly exchanging caps after several consecutive transactions in a row
- Fixed issue with the quicksave and autosave message persisting through loading screens
- Fixed an issue where updating to the latest patch would cause Options settings to reset back to default (Xbox One)
- Fixed an issue with loading save with a placed object in water, not properly floating
Fallout 4 will receive three DLC packs in the upcoming months. Each DLC will have its own beta, with selected players not only taking part in it, but also receiving the DLC pack for free.