David Jaffe, game director over at The Bartlet Jones Supernatural Detective Agency, has announced today that their upcoming multiplayer shooter Drawn to Death will be available for free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in April.
"For the past few months, whenever players would suggest that Drawn To Death would be a perfect fit as one of the free games with PlayStation Plus, I'd have to bite my tongue (and if you know me, you know that ain't easy!)", said Jaffe. "All I could do was nod and say, 'That''d be great. We'd love it, but no plans for that. Nice idea though!'"
"But behind the scenes we had been talking to the folks over at PS Plus . I wanted to find a way to invite all of you PS Plus members into this experience and give you a look at what really excites me about games these days. We've been working on Drawn To Death for nearly three years, and over time, it really has become this robust, highly competitive game --- and we haven't even talked about a lot of the new features "¦ yet. Needless to so say, I thought you could all help us build an unbelievable community for the game."
Drawn To Death is the 3rd person hybrid shooter/brawler that takes place entirely inside the pages of a high school kid's notebook. All of the kid's creative drawings come to life and battle it out in this highly competitive, fast paced, online action game.
Jaffe also revealed the five coolest new features that will be included in the game at launch:
- Sphinx Missions: Wake the mysterious Sphinx and see if you can solve her eight battle-focused riddles. For every riddle solved, a new weapon --- or a new level --- will be rewarded!
- Character-centric Missions: Besides leveling up characters, players will also have the opportunity to work through 15 action-packed missions per each of the six launch characters. Earn costumes and rare Taunts as you work your way through your favorite characters. Master all of the character missions and you may come face to face with the Volcano God!
- Mystery Boxes: Who doesn't love Mystery Boxes?! The Drawn To Death Mystery Boxes are filled to the brim with amazing character taunts and insanely creative character skins. Get a free Mystery Box just by playing three matches online and then earn Mystery Boxes for every 150 kills you execute on the battlefield!
- Climb the Tower: The Drawn To Death launch tower is based on the theme Dark Fairy Tales, and if you play in ranked mode, you'll have a chance to reach the tower's top, earning insane stickers for every floor you reach!
- Insane Mystery Special Offer: I'm not at liberty to go into detail or spoil the surprise but let me just say this: "Destroy my enemies and my life"¦ is yours!"
The remaining PlayStation Plus titles for April will be revealed at the end of the month.
Source: PlayStation Blog