Final Fantasy XV's first story-focused DLC "Episode Gladiolus" releases today on PS4 and Xbox One. In addition, Square Enix has announced that update 1.07 for Final Fantasy XV is now available to download.
Episode Gladiolus picks up from the events from the group's encounter with Ravus, as Gladio leaves the group to train alongside Cor and become even more powerful. Playing as Gladiolus, combat will be more action oriented than playing as Noctis in the base game.
Here's what you can expect from Episode Gladiolus:
- A new story told from Gladiolus' perspective uncovering the events that transpired when the character left the party in Final Fantasy XV's main storyline
- An exhilarating combat system that capitalizes on Gladiolus' blocking and counterattacking play style through the new Valor and Rage system
- Previously inaccessible parts of Eos that are now open for exploration
- Special items that can be carried over the main game and exclusive to those who complete Episode Gladiolus
- Two brand-new gameplay modes, Score Attack and Final Trial made available upon completing Episode Gladiolus
As for update 1.07, this update adds the promised improvements to chapter 13, which come in the form of Chapter 13, Verse 2 , an alternate route featuring Gladiolus. The update also includes enhancements to Arcana spells (Alterna, Holy, Death), temporary conclusion of Timed Quests, two pieces of music from Episode Gladiolus downloadable content to music player tracklist, and various gameplay enhancements and bug fixes.
Final Fantasy XV's 'Episode Gladiolus' is available for $4.99. Those who own the Season Pass can download the episode at no additional cost.