Paradox Interactive announced that Hearts of Iron IV players will be getting a new country pack later this year called 'Death or Dishonor'. This DLC focuses on the countries of Europe caught between the dueling ambitions of the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany - faced with total destruction by a much larger force or making uncomfortable alliances, survival will take compromise, guile, and perhaps a teensy bit of luck.
Death or Dishonor introduces new National Focus trees for Hungary, Romania, Czechoslovakia, and Yugoslavia, which revolve around navigating the ideological (and physical) land mines of central Europe during World War II. This content furthers Paradox’s goal of capturing the unique wartime experience of every nation involved in World War II, but players will also find new opportunities to change the course of history if they so choose.
Death or Dishonor - and the accompanying free update - will also include:
- Revamp of Air Gameplay: Take to the skies with new mechanics and quality of life updates that make it easier to bring your airpower to bear.
- Equipment Conversion: Update your arsenal by converting older units -- or make use of captured enemy vehicles and gear.
- New Music and Art: Three new thematic musical tracks from composer Andreas Waldetoft, new art content for the four focus nations, and new troop voiceovers.
- New Diplomatic and Puppet Interactions: License military technology to bring other nations’ weapons to the field or sell your advances to the highest bidder. Fascist countries get new subject levels like Reichskommissariat, with access to licenses, industry and strategic resources. The instated governments are held in an iron grip, making it harder for them to break free.
- Improved Map Design and Display: the world map has been clarified to make it easier to follow the action around the world. New impassable areas create tactical choke-points and more historical gameplay
Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor will be available for $9.99, and will be delivered for free to all Expansion Pass owners.