The May content update for Gears of War 4 released today on Xbox One and PC. The update adds two new maps, Multi-GPU Support for Windows 10, new Gear Packs, several bug fixes, and more.
This update introduces a brand-new map designed called "Dawn", and a returning map from Gears of War 2 – Security.
Set in a stunning Outsider village built around an abandoned mining colony, Dawn is a map defined by two defensive structures – the high ground of the bar, and the entrenched mine on the low side. Prepare for a new kind of fight centered around the vital Dropshot spawn, as it’s surrounded by both high and low flanks and features a risk-it-all one-way vault to secure the weapon. This map combines tight corridors of combat with open spaces – learn to use the right weapon for the right situations on this map and you’ll truly become a master of Dawn.
This new reimagined setting for Security takes you to a fight over a glorious decadent COG depository, with stacks of gold bars providing makeshift cover throughout the map. Defensive lasers bar access to key parts of the map, so prepare for a tough fight for the button that disables the lasers to give your team control over the flow of combat.
For Gears of War 4, we’ve made a major change to how the lasers work. In King of the Hill and one of the key central rings on Escalation, the security lasers will only block the side entrances to the top sandbags to focus on opening flanks rather than blocking off entire areas. In addition, the lasers are activated in Horde when pressing the button (rather than disabled), offering a short defensive window that kills enemies as they try to run through it. Time your press just right to decimate groups of enemies getting too close to your base!
Multi-GPU support arrives with the May Update for Windows 10 players. Players can take full advantage of their setup to really push the stunning visuals of Gears of War 4.
With this update, players will be abe able to find Benjamin Carmine back from the dead in one of May's Gear Packs as Zombie Ben Carmine. In addition, monthly Versus and Horde events also continue in May with a brand-new Horde variant and the return of Gnashers Only King of the Hill for Versus fans.
Here's the patch notes for the update:
- Reverted Competitive Gnasher tuning to it’s pre-April Update settings.
- General improvements to Ranked Lobby
- Added additional IFF Lights to V-Day Bernie to balance her battlefield visibility with other characters
- Fixed an issue preventing the Markza Mk. 1 from headshotting
- Fixed an issue that would result in slow movement speeds if pressing slightly backwards while strafing
- Significantly reduced the occurrence Zombie Characters say “Braaaaaaaains!”
- Reduced the amount of Power dropped by destroyed fortifications in Horde
- Fixed a Horde exploit where the Fabricator could be floated in the air
- Reduced volume of RAAM’s footsteps
- Reduced volume of Kantus and Savage Kantus vocals
- Reduced volume of the headshot sound effects for Kantus, Savage Kantus and RAAM
- Fixed an issue that prevented some Locust Drone dialogue firing
- Windows 10: Fixed an issue with mouse sensitivity when Zoom Sensitivity is set to 3.
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements
Gears of War 4 is available for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs.
Source: Xbox Wire