Independent developer Mad Head Games announced that Rocking Pilot, its twin-stick shoot 'em up, is out now on Steam.
Today we celebrate the launch of Rocking Pilot on Steam! I'm so proud of the team at Mad Head and Gungrounds for delivering such an awesome shooter. We wanted to create something that feels simple, yet offers a lot depth once you get your teeth into it. I think that once players get into the game, they will really enjoy the fast-paced gameplay, deep upgrade system and addictive high-score chasing of the leaderboards.
Rocking Pilot is an irreverent single player top-down shooter that combines combo high score chasing, cartoony graphics, fast-paced arcade gameplay, a heavy rock soundtrack and crazy weapons into one awesome package. In the world of Rocking Pilot, war has become a televised entertainment program run by WYNC Studio 1. After a rigorous training regime of watching hundreds of action movies, "The Pilot" is now combat trained. He's ready to become a reality TV star, but more importantly find a way to put an end to all this madness.
Featuring intuitive twin-stick controls and deadly bullet hell arenas, Rocking Pilot will have test players to the max as they rack up high scores with the combo system by defeating enemies. On top of your traditional arsenal of machine guns, rockets and more, your chopper's propellers have been replaced with deadly rotor blades, allowing for simultaneous carnage from close-quarters and long range. Levels also have optional objectives that will increase your score and earn you more cash to spend on new chopper skills, weapon upgrades and more. With a punk spirit, zany characters and fast-paced arcade gameplay, Rocking Pilot is a contemporary version of the classic shoot 'em ups of the 90s consoles and arcades!
Rocking Pilot Features:
- Loaded with content - 42 missions, 4 worlds and a huge number of enemies! Play the story campaign, 16 score missions, and 4 survival challenges.
- A powerful arsenal of upgrades and ways to combine them - Use everything from lasers and mini-guns to nukes and rotor blades.
- Rotor blades - Activate your overdrive to deflect bullets and survive environmental harm or use it to cut through opponents - quick thinking is required.
- Collectables galore - 76 trophies, 96 crowns and 34 skulls in the main campaign, plus optional missions for greater rewards.
- Online score challenges and leaderboards - Compete with friends and other players around the world to see who is the ultimate pilot.
Rocking Pilot is available on Steam for $5.99. A PS4 version is also in development and it will release at a later date.