PQube announced that White Day: A Labyrinth Named School, the Korean horror gem, will be coming to Steam on the 22nd of August. The PS4 version, previously set to release in early August, will release on the 22nd of August in North America and on the 25th of August in Europe.
The bone-chilling horror game, White Day: A Labyrinth Named School, is widely considered a hidden gem in the survival horror genre. With a skin-crawling atmosphere, bloodcurdling scares, dynamically changing puzzles and multiple endings, this horror classic is being completely remade with expanded gameplay features and new storylines. Both old fans and new players alike will find plenty to love and fear in White Day: A Labyrinth Named School.
Here's an overview of the game, provided by the publisher:
Starting a new school is never easy, especially when it’s one plagued by rumours of violent murders and vengeful spirits. Unfortunately for Hui-min Lee, it takes less than two days before Yeondoo High School’s newest student finds himself trapped inside the building overnight – and thrown face-to-face with the malevolent spirits roaming the corridors.
It started off innocently enough: Hui-min had intended to quickly sneak in and out to hide some chocolates in the locker of a classmate. But as soon as he stepped foot inside the shutters slammed closed for the night, locking him inside with possessed janitors hellbent on killing intruders, and vengeful ghosts eager to sap his lifeforce away. Can Hui-min sneak though the school and discover a way out? Or is he fated to become yet another ghost haunting the classrooms of Yeondoo High School?
- Survival Horror Bites Back – Resource-based health and save systems hark back to the Golden Era of horror.
- Intense Stealth Gameplay – Cover your tracks and stay hidden to avoid the killer janitors roaming the halls.
- Dynamic Scare System – Feeling brave? Higher difficulty settings increase the ghost and fright frequencies.
- Diabolical Secrets – Solve tricky puzzles and riddles to unlock ghost stories and collectibles.
- Evolving Puzzle Solutions – Forget using guides to cut corners – keypad and padlock codes differ every time!
- Race Against the Clock – Act fast to vanquish the school’s deadliest spirits… or suffer a painful end.
- Branching Story – Shape your relationships with fellow classmates using different dialogue options.
- Nine Different Endings – Who will live through the night? Your actions will determine your classmates’ fate!
- Multiple Location Options – Play from start to finish in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish or Russian.
- Plus! – Updated to include bespoke PS4 trophy and Steam Achievements.