Bethesda Softworks and id Software have announced that Doom's Update 6.66 is now available on all platforms. This update not only brings several fixes and other improvements to multiplayer and SnapMap, but also makes all DLC maps, weapons, armor sets and demons available for free for everyone.
Update 6.66 Patch Notes:
- Fixed an issue where textures appeared to glow on the player’s character.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where players would respawn frozen at the beginning of a Freeze Tag round.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where parts of the player model appeared transparent in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where players would disconnect from a match under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue in Infernal Run where picking up the ball when out of ammo would cause problems with passing or receiving the ball.
- Fixed an issue with the Multiplayer Challenge “Aimbot Hax” where Reaper Longshots would not count towards challenge completion.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer with inconsistent power item spawns on Outbreak.
- Added rotate on XYZ axis to the Grab Object manipulate controls
- Added setting to remove network limitation on single player only maps.
- Resolved various freeze and crash bugs.
- Fixed various matchmaking and lobby issues.
- Fixed visual bugs that result from combining specific HUD elements
- Fixed various freezes and crashes with using Campaign Model.
- Fixed coop crash with Bob and Rotate settings.
- Fixed bug that caused AI to run into blocking volumes set to Block Demons and AI Sight.
- Improved collision issues causing AI to partially fall into blocking volumes set to Block Demons.
To celebrate the release of this new update, a Doom free trial is available this weekend on Xbox One and PC, and next weekend on PS4. The trial allows players to experience the first two Campaign levels and all of DOOM Multiplayer and SnapMap. Your progress will carry over to the full game, which you purchase for $14.99/£11.99/€14.99 for a limited time.