Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order announced a new expansion for their evergreen city-builder Cities: Skylines. Coming later this year, Green Cities will allow mayors to make sustainable cities, complete with organic stores, electric vehicles, and new services designed to make pollution a quaint notion of the past.
Cities: Skylines - Green Cities adds 350 new assets to the core game, adding a massive selection of new visual options, complete with eco-friendly buildings, organic stores, electric vehicles, and new services designed to make pollution a quaint notion of the past. Players can create more diversified cities, or go completely green as the urban population grows. New in-game services and buildings arrive alongside revisions to noise and environmental pollution, making the skies safer for Chirper at last.
Cities: Skylines - Green Cities features:
- Story to Story, Building to Building, Street to Street: New eco-friendly buildings, New specialization buildings, new alternative service buildings, new unique buildings, electric cars, new parks -- 350 new assets in all giving a unique new look to Cities: Skylines
- I Wish I Was Special, You’re So Very Special: New specialized options for all city zones, plus leveled-up specializations for the first time in Cities: Skylines
- So What So What So What’s the Scenario: New scenarios, New policy options, and a new Monument to make your friends Green with envy
- Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear More Stylish: Of course we’ve included a flower-crown hat for Chirper.
Green Cities will release later this year for $12.99. As always, the expansion will be accompanied by a free content update to the base game, which will include electric cars, road modding, changes to noise pollution, and more beautification options in the form of parks and trees, among other things.
Additionally, Cities: Skylines - Concerts, a new mini-expansion that lets players plan, promote, and party at music festivals in their cities, in now available on Paradox Plaza and Steam for $6.99.
Cities: Skylines - Concerts lets players control every aspect of making their metropolises more musical. From new festival ground buildings to city ordinances for driving ticket sales, Concerts goes beyond the music for players to tailor their cities’ festivals to fit their mood with music and images from musical acts NESTOR, Elijah MOTi, and Lily La Roux.
Cities: Skylines - Concerts Features:
- New music from in-game bands - NESTOR, Elijha MOTi, and Lily La Roux add their musical gifts to the Cities: Skylines soundtrack via the new music focused radio station “Live”. 100% music with no interruptions!
- New Festival Area Building - Level-up your festival grounds to accommodate better shows and bigger crowds.
- Concert-focused City Ordinances - Support your festival ambitions with new laws and budget options to promote concerts and monetize the crowds.
Alongside the mini-expansion, Paradox and Colossal Order are restructuring the content manager tool as a free update to Cities: Skylines. The content manager now makes it much simpler for players to organize, search for and find their favorite mod-assets, so you can spend less time scrolling and more time building.