Vitro Games announced that its upcoming adventure shoot 'em up, Defenders of Ekron, will release on the 15th of August on PS4 and PC via Steam. The developer also released a batch of screenshots, which you can see below.
In Defenders of Ekron players will assume the role of Eneas, a bold cadet who is on the verge of becoming an Anakim pilot, a powerful cutting-edge mech enhanced with a special ability known as Isvará. During his final training exam, something goes wrong and Eneas is unable to develop his Isvará, and as a result he is forced to join an experimental program to combat The Renegades, a rogue group of Anakim pilots who are hell bent on destroying the planet. At the same time, Eneas will find himself pulling back the tattered black veil of secrets surrounding the Technocratic Republic of Ekron.
- 10 levels to shoot up and explore in full 360° freedom
- A highly-immersive story - dig deeper to uncover the truth behind the Technocratic Republic of Ekron
- Use the Anakim mech to analyze and navigate diverse environments to reveal hidden threats, enemies, allies, and unlock key information
- Mix combat skills to compliment any playstyle: melee-based sword fighting, pyromancy, electromagnetism, dashing, and more
- 53 Simulation Training Drills allow players to hone their skills and earn extra Oxus that can be used on missions, or in the Hangar to upgrade their Anakim mech
- Adrenaline-fueled soundtrack performed and recorded by in-house hard rock band, Action Replay
Defenders of Ekron will be available for $14.99/£11.99/€14.99.