Developer In Vitro Games announced that its top-down adventure shoot ‘em up, Defenders of Ekron, is now available for PS4 and PC via Steam.
Defenders of Ekron is a fresh take on the shmup genre. With free-roaming exploration, mixed melee combat, upgradable mech abilities, and other genre-defying features, Defenders of Ekron presents players with a truly unique experience. A story-driven narrative and hard rock soundtrack by in-house band, Action Replay, will keep players firmly strapped in their cockpits as they battle across 10 levels filled with a wide range of enemies, environmental puzzles, and massive screen-filling bosses!
Defenders of Ekron marks our first major console release. We learned a lot over the course of the game’s development and have grown stronger and more confident in our abilities as an independent studio. We are thoroughly proud of Defenders of Ekron and are extremely thankful for the fans who have supported us during the game’s development.
- 10 levels to shoot up and explore in full 360° freedom
- A highly-immersive story - dig deeper to uncover the truth behind the Technocratic Republic of Ekron
- Use the Anakim mech to analyze and navigate diverse environments to reveal hidden threats, enemies, allies, and unlock key information
- Mix combat skills to compliment any playstyle: melee-based sword fighting, pyromancy, electromagnetism, dashing, and more
- 53 Simulation Training Drills allow players to hone their skills and earn extra Oxus that can be used on missions, or in the Hangar to upgrade their Anakim mech
- Adrenaline-fueled soundtrack performed and recorded by in-house hard rock band, Action Replay
Defenders of Ekron is available for $14.99/£11.99/€14.99.