Namco Bandai has released the Gamescom 2017 trailer for Project CARS 2. The publisher also revealed that the game will have a major presence at the event, with the game getting its own booth with tournaments, giveaways, and more.
The Project CARS 2 booth will host a free hands-on area with 28 playable PS4 pods, a Tournament Area with 6 CXC triple screen motion rigs, and a big-screen that will showcase live multiplayer racing from the booth. The Project CARS 2 hands-on area will give players of all abilities the chance to experience Project CARS 2’s authentic true-to-life racing on 3 tracks. Available cars include Ferrari LaFerrari at Nurburgring (Sprint layout), Porsche 911 GT3 R at Red Bull Ring (National layout), and Formula Renault 3.5 at Circuit of The Americas (National layout).
The Tournament Area, free and open to all players, will invite players to compete in a challenging environment for daily prizes. Best times of the day will be invited to race at 7PM (BST) throughout the week for prizes and glory.
The booth will also feature exciting, not to be missed daily activities:
- Giveaways - Exclusive Project Cars 2 gear.
- Meet & Greet Pro-players and Pro-driver showcase: Meet 5 world-renowned racing drivers who were intimately involved in the development of Project CARS 2: Nicolas Hamilton, Ben Collins (Top Gear’s ex-“Stig”), Daytona, Spa 24 Hour winner René Rast, and rallycross stars Oliver Eriksson, and Mitchell deJong.
- Meet & Greet—The Development Team: Come meet the Slightly Mad Studios development team, who’ll be on-hand to answer your questions.
- Project CARS eSports World Final @ ESL Arena: On Wednesday, 23rd of August, at 15:30 BST, the top 5 teams from the SMS-R Championship Series will be taking the stage for the World Final. A €5,000 prize pool is up for grabs, adding to the already secured €15,000 in prizes during the regular season.
- DEVCOMConference in Congress Hall, 4th Floor, CONGRESS CENTRE EAST: On Thursday, 24th of August at 15:00 (BST), join Nicolas Hamilton, Andy Tudor (Slightly Mad Studio), and YouTube star PietSmiet as they host a DEVCOM Conference discussing thedevelopment of Project CARS 2 and games in general.
Project CARS 2 releases on the 22nd of September on PS4, Xbox One and PC.