Japanese videogame publisher, Happinet, today announced that Dodgeball Rising will enter Early Access on Steam on the 14th of December. Developed by Asakusa Studios, Dodgeball Rising aims to deliver the ultimate showdown experience, supporting up to six players for fast-paced competition and furious fun.
The game is set in the birthplace of dodgeball, the Land of the Rising Sun, which is based on the era of samurai and ninja in Japanese history. A law forbidding duels led to people using balls instead of swords to settle their arguments, not with a battle to the death, but with a dodgeball match.
Dodgeball Rising is a competitive 3-on-3 action game in which you use a ball to defeat opponents. Throw, catch, dodge, and work together by using a variety of moves and unique characters that make every match different. The game can be played locally or online with up to 6 players.
- A Remarkable Roster: Choose from 11 unique Dodgeball warriors from all walks of life -- each with different playstyles and skillsets, including Samurai, Ninja, Sushi Chefs, Kabuki Entertainers, Sumo Wrestlers, and more!
- Become a Hero: Using the different stats, play styles and unique skills of each character, you can become a hero with your own distinctive play style.
- Various Offensive Actions: Work with teammates for consecutive shots, tricks, slow shots and other moves to surprise your opponents and keep them on their toes.
- Arcade Mode: Enter the Ultimate Imperial Dodgeball Tournament in this single player mode, and unique story for each character.
- Simple Rules: Victory is defined simply by taking down your opponents. Outlast your opponents by playing well on the court.
- Offline and Online Multiplayer: The game can be played locally or online with up to 6 players. AI players can be called in to fill empty slots.
- Amazing Specials: Build up your Rising Gauge to unleash a variety of over-the-top special moves and attacks to defeat your opponents.
More details will be revealed in the coming weeks.