Warner Bros. Interactive announced various free content updates and features coming this year to Middle-earth: Shadow of War, providing players with new ways to continue the battle for Mordor and capture every epic moment.
Upcoming free downloadable content updates and features include:
- Endless Siege – Defend your fortresses against Sauron’s forces as the Dark Lord tries to reclaim Mordor in the Endless Siege. (Available 21st Nov)
- Rebellion – Crush the rebel Ologs and Uruks in your forces as they seek to undermine the Bright Lord. (Available 21st Nov)
- Enhanced Photo Mode – Capture every battle and siege and apply new filters, frames and textures with the Enhanced Photo Mode update. (Available 21st Nov)
- Online Fight Pits – Challenge another player’s Orc follower, Overlord vs. Overlord, to a fight to the death in the arena to earn powerful rewards and upgrades. (Available 5th Dec)
- Brutal Difficulty – A new higher difficulty level even more challenging than Nemesis with no last chances. (Available 12th Dec)
In addition to these free updates, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War is also getting four paid expansions. The first expansion, which is called Slaughter Tribe Nemesis, releases on the 21st of November. This expansion introduces a new tribe, fortresses, missions, Legendary Gear set, upgrade challenges, and conquest activities. This will be followed by The Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion, which releases on the 12th of December, and will introduce the Outlaw Tribe. The other two expansions will be available in 2018. You can purchase the Expansion Pass to get access to all expansions for $39.99/£32.99/€39.99. You can also purchase each expansion individually for $14.99/£11.99/€14.99.
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War is available for PS4, Xbox One and PC.