With the release of the highly anticipated Xenoblade Chronicles 2 just a few days away, Nintendo released a new story trailer for the game. The trailer showcases some of the most dramatic plot points of the game, focusing mostly on the heart-wrenching nature of Blades.
In Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Blades are artificial lifeforms that bond with Drivers to lend them their weapons and powers in battle. Main character Rex is a Driver and Pyra is a Blade. In and out of battle, Blades have a wide array of support abilities. While adventuring, these abilities might increase the number of items that can be collected, open up new paths to explore or initiate other special effects. When players fight alongside their chosen Blade, they might trigger effects that protect the Driver, strengthen attacks and so forth. Abilities differ from Blade to Blade, so selecting different Blades adds to the strategy of battle.
Blades are just one form of life that players will encounter while journeying on the backs of the mighty Titans. In the vast world of Alrest, players will discover both peaceful and aggressive wildlife of all shapes and sizes wandering among giant plains, winding caverns, frozen kingdoms, scorched earth and sandy beaches.
- A new story in the Xenoblade Chronicles series.
- The next adventure is on the Nintendo Switch console—set on the backs of colossal, living Titans.
- Discover each Titan’s diverse regions, culture, wildlife, equipment, and hidden secrets.
- Find, bond with, and command weaponized life forms known as Blades to earn abilities and enhance them.
- Uncover the history of Alrest and the mystery of its endless ocean of clouds.
Xenoblade Chronicles releases this Friday, December 1st, on Nintendo Switch.