Developer Team17 and Mothership Entertainment have released a free new PC update for their engrossing sci-fi city-building and management sim, Aven Colony. This update will be coming soon to the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.
This new content update features:
- 4 brand new remote installations to extend your colony out onto the surrounding planet: Remote Settlements, Missile Launchers, Deep Core Mines, and Solar Arrays
- The Colony Terminal, a new morphing skyscraper that allows you to house colonists and comes with a hovercar transportation terminal built into the top floors!
- A new Ark Launcher that allows you to send Ark vessels out onto the overworld map to build autonomous installations outside your colony
- A new Transceiver allows your colony to collect solar power beamed back from solar arrays outside your colony
- Fend off attackers from the Cult of the Seterdari, who will now attack your colony with their ramshackle airships
- Incoming threats such as creep spores, plague spores, hovering guardians, and cultist airships will now appear on the expedition map and approach your colony before they strike
- A new tier-2 Expedition Center supports an upgraded combat ship, which can fire missiles in a limited radius at all such incoming threats
- A new water system dramatically enhances the look of all the oceans, rivers, and lakes in the game
- A new Satellite Camera mode gives you a zoomed-out view of your entire colony from above
- An updated camera system allows you to smoothly transition between normal camera, zoomed-in surveillance camera mode, satellite camera mode, and the overworld map using the mouse wheel or key shortcuts
Aven Colony is available for PS4, Xbox One and PC.