Sega has announced that Shining Resonance Refrain, the remaster of 2014's JRPG Shining Resonance, is releasing in North America and Europe on the 10th of July. Sega also released a new trailer that introduces us to the game's playable heroes: Kirika, Sonia, Agnum, Lestin, Rinna, and Yuma.
Here's a small description of each character:
- Kirika Towa Alma, the Diva of Nature, uses her bow to deal damage from a distance while supporting allies with healing magic.
- Sonia Blanche, the Lightning Princess. Fierce, yet elegant, she darts across the battlefield with her sword and shield, dealing damage to single targets in quick bursts.
- Agnum Bulletheart, the Pyromaestro, is always aiming to be the center of attention. He deals massive damage to large groups of enemies with explosive fire magic.
- Lestin Sera Alma, the Glacier Sentinel, uses ice magic to slow down enemies before cleaving through them with his trusty halberd.
- Rinna, the Whirlwind Sylph brings some cheer to the party with her lighthearted attitude, and deals heavy damage from the back lines with powerful magic abilities.
- Yuma is armed with the power of the Shining Dragon, and fights with dragon-like ferocity to protect his friends.
Shining Resonance Refrain tells the tale of sword-wielding Yuma and his friends as they fight the Empire. Yuma has the soul of the Shining Dragon within him, transforming into the ancient beast by unleashing the power conducted through his sword. Dragons, long thought to be extinct, make Yuma a target for the Empire. To use him against the kingdom of Astoria, The Empire captures Yuma. Sonia, princess of Astoria, launches a rescue mission with the help of the Dragoneers. Hearing about the plight of Astoria and their fight to save their land, Yuma decides to aid them.
Previously released on PS3 only in Japan, Shining Resonance Refrain features dual audio with English and Japanese voices. In addition to all of the original's DLC, now included as part of the base "Original Mode", Shining Resonance Refrain packs a new "Refrain Mode", unlocking the Imperial Princess Excella and Dragonslayer Jinas as party members for a new experience.
With real-time action combat, it will be important to utilize each party member's unique abilities and strengths while deepening relationships with each character. Through events and dates, you will get to know your party members and unlock their full potential on the battlefield. Depending on the bonds of the characters, "Resonance" may occur between them, providing a new level of support, leading to victory.
Shining Resonance Refrain will be available for $49.99. Those who purchase the launch edition of Shining Resonance Refrain will receive the game in a collectible metal slipcase, featuring character artwork of Excella, Sonia, and Kirika.