Paradox Interactive announced the new expansion for Cities: Skylines, Natural Disasters, is now available on PS4 and Xbox One.
The new expansion adds a calamitous collection of new features to Cities: Skylines, including new systems for disaster alerts and response -- and of course the disasters themselves, which can occur randomly, or be triggered deliberately by monstrous mayors who have never liked their citizens. Also added for free are three new in-game radio stations with a set of pleasant city-building tunes; owners of the Natural Disasters expansion will also get emergency broadcasts and early warnings via the radio.
Natural Disasters includes the following features:
- Deep, Impactful Gameplay: Meteor strikes, forest fires, tsunamis, earthquakes, and more will destroy districts and devastate estates
- With Great Power Comes Great Response Abilities: Plan for, and respond to, disasters using early warning systems, countermeasures, and new disaster responses such as helicopters and evacuations
- This is Not a Test (but it is just a game): New radio systems put the station in devastation with disaster warnings and three free radio stations
- An Objectively Good Feature: A series of pre-made scenarios challenge players with various objectives and conditions
- Chirpocalypse Now: Sweet new hats for Chirper, man
In addition to Natural Disasters, Paradox has also released additional musical DLC for the game’s new in-game radio feature. The Radio Station Pack, available for $7.99, includes Rock City Radio and Relaxation Station, two of Cities: Skylines most popular radio stations.
The Cities: Skilines 'Natural Disasters' expansion is available to purchase for $14.99/£11.99/€14.99.