Publisher Kongregate has revealed the first gameplay trailer for Speed Brawl, a beat 'em up game unlike any else on the genre. Developed by Double Stallion Games, Speed Brawl is a 2D combat-racer with management and platforming elements, where combat is all about moving fast and hitting hard, maintaining momentum, and judiciously managing stamina to unleash powerful special moves.
Speed Brawl is set in a dystopic Victorian era London. After a decade of war with the Lunar invaders named the Selenites, the British Empire finally vanquished the insect-like menace; following the war, the Selenites became the new workforce of our industrial revolution, ushering in a new era of progress and prosperity. However, listlessness and disobedience rampaged throughout the middle and working classes. In order to satiate the masses, the ultimate entertainment, Speed Brawl, was created; an elite sport where only the bravest, the fastest, and the most worthy warriors could wage a petty war against the Selenite hordes.
- Razor sharp visuals and beautifully animated characters.
- Over 50 unique action-packed championships and challenges.
- Build a tag-team from 6 vibrant brawlers each with unique play style and distinct personalities.
- An imaginative and humorous story throughout will reveal high drama and even higher stakes for each brawler!
- Suit up! - Devise your brawler’s optimal loadout. Buy, win, and sell equipment to fashion the ultimate fighters.
- Invest in skill upgrades for heavier hits and flashier style.
- A fluid and deep combat system. Speed Brawl’s freeform combos let you chain together ground and air combos, special moves, assists, and tag attacks for ultimate devastation.
- Move on up to the big leagues! Conquer escalating hazards and devious bosses in the Threepenny, Sixpence, Florin, and Crown leagues. Each league is run by a unique and diabolical league owner with their own plans to halt your Speed Brawl career.
- Gotta go fast! - The faster you are, the harder your hit. Go for gold and blast through to the finish line.
- Brawl solo or brawl with a friend - Online and local co-operative play throughout!
Speed Brawl releases this September on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.