Publishers PQube and Ratalaika Games announced today that the pixel art thriller Stay is coming to PS4, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch.
STAY follows the path of Quinn - a therapist who wakes up alone, locked in a strange room with nothing of note save for a computer hooked up to an internet chat room. Said chat room has one other member, however: You. It’s up to you to try and help Quinn escape, making suggestions in real time that either guide Quinn to safety, or closer to his ultimate end. What would you do if a stranger’s fate rested in your fingertips? And how would you cope if every second could be the difference between life and death?
- Real-time play – the clock never stops: Stay plays out in real-time, meaning that every minute spent away from the game is a minute Quinn is left alone. Drop out of conversations or leave Quinn to fend for himself for too long and there may be consequences to your actions.
- Raise your empathy: Quinn is on edge, and every response matters. Prove yourself a compassionate ally and he’ll learn to trust you and share both his findings and deepest thoughts. Fail, and his emotions may work against you.
- Interactive storytelling: Featuring 24 chapters, seven different endings, dozens of life-altering choices and entire webs of conversation, Stay is designed to be replayed multiple times. Explore myriad rooms and unearth hidden secrets in subsequent playthroughs to piece together the full story.
- Uncover the truth: Webcams around the environment and on the computer enable you to watch and analyse Quinn’s reactions, mental state and actions while he is Away From Keyboard. Pick up on his lies, use that knowledge to your advantage and uncover the truth at the heart of Stay.
- Solve mind-bending puzzles: Help Quinn get the better of the conundrums he encounters inside his prison by taking direct control of his actions during numerous puzzle sections.
Stay releases this Summer on PS4, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch.