Honor Code announced that its debut title, Narcosis, will launch for PS4 on the 24th of July.
Narcosis is a first person survival story that unfolds within an industrial catastrophe, from inside a half-ton, high-tech dive suit — a “walking coffin." Influenced and inspired by a growing appetite for unconventional horror and narrative-driven games, Narcosis is rooted in reality, but steeped in the surreal.
- Pressure Kills: High-stress situations accelerate oxygen intake, distorting sight, sound, space and time.
- Hostile Waters: A knife, flashlight and flares are essential to surviving the nightmarish flora and fauna of the abyss.
- Phantom Narrative: The survivor’s account unfolds in inexplicable ways alongside the player’s journey.
- Beyond Good and Evil: No shadowy organizations or eldritch terrors, only primal fears and human limits.
- Terror Verite: Primal fear — darkness, confinement and isolation — are enhanced by a haunting soundtrack, which includes a closing theme by celebrated composer Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill series).
Narcosis is currently available on Xbox One and PC, earning numerous accolades for its beautifully-realized setting, haunting narrative and exceptional voice over work.