Independent Studio Traega Entertainment has announced its first game, BRIG 12. Pulling from their backgrounds working on a wide variety of genres, BRIG 12 is a new take on classic turn-based role playing and card collecting games.
In BRIG 12 players will take on the role of the clone of a legendary bounty hunter, recruiting and equipping a new crew to take over the bounty hunting business while hunter himself enjoys retirement. From there it’s up to them how they progress and track down bounties and when they’re ready to retire themselves and start again with a fresh clone – carrying over loot to the new clone for endless supercharged replays.
The game is a strategic RPG with deep character progression and card collection mechanics. Inspired by classic turn-based RPG games, players and their crew will battle enemies to earn loot, defeat bosses, and capture bounties. Bounties are bite-sized missions that can be completely quickly during a brief play session, or clear out entire bounty boards during longer sessions and turn in multiple bounties at once for bonus rewards. Assemble a crew, customize their gear and abilities, take on bounties throughout the galaxy, and maybe even take some time at the club or barbershop.
- Strategic RPG Gameplay – Approach every aspect of the game any way. Choose how to battle, progress your crew, manage inventory, and when to retire a clone and start anew. It’s a big universe and there is no set path to success.
- Extensive Loot Collection – With thousands of items to collect, BRIG 12 offers an abundant amount of space loot. Each item has varying rarity and stats and can equip your crew, provide them skills and attacks, or help craft augments to aid in battle. Loot is earned simply by playing the game – defeat enemies, turn in bounties, salvage unused items, or spend in-game currency at BRIG 12 to earn new and powerful items.
- Deep Character Progression Trees – Assemble and oversee a diverse and robust team of loyal crew members. With 35 unique crew classes, players can manage their progression and XP to optimize the crew they want to lead.
- Humorous Attacks and Skills – From well-dressed venom spitting snakes, to encasing enemies in green jelly, to unleashing “DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!”, it’s easy to destroy enemies in style.
- Retire, Reset, Replay – BRIG 12’s unique game loop allows players to keep all of their loot after they retire for leveled-up replays. Players can continually create new clones to build up their retirement island for additional upgrades and bragging rights.
- Copious Character Customization – Want a blue mohawk? Pink ponytails? Bushy beards? An orange combover? There’s no judging in BRIG 12! With 42 hairstyles, 22 face shapes, 16 hair colors, and 16 facial hair options, players can create their own unique clones.
- Truly Free to Play – BRIG 12 is completely playable for free. There are no limitations to play through all aspects of the game. The items offered in the shop are there to make players look pretty and get what you want faster.
Brig 12 releases on PC via Steam this August using a truly free to play model, with no content locked behind paywalls and a cash shop focused on cosmetics and convenience, not power.