PQube and developer Joysteak announced that their 2D platformer Songbird Symphony is releasing in Spring 2019 on PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch.
Songbird Symphony tells the story of Birb, a young orphaned bird who, having been brought up by a family of Peacocks who discovered him when he was an abandoned egg, slowly starts to realise he’s somewhat different to the rest of his acquaintances. Setting out a journey of self-discovery, players take charge of Birb as he leaves the nest and heads out into a world bursting with life.
Birb’s story is one of adventure and discovery, but one tied to the rhythm of the forest - quite literally. We set out to make Songbird Symphony as endearing and frankly adorable as we could, but the focus on music-based play also adds a sense of depth that players might not initially be expecting.
Songbird Symphony Key Features:
- An engaging adventure featuring Birb, a unique little bird with a love of singing and bouncing
- Dazzling pixel based graphics that interweave seamlessly with gorgeous sceneries and delightful animations
- Interacting with other characters adds layers of beat to the game’s soundtrack
- Singing in time with the music adds platforms to play that help the forest’s cast of creatures
- A vast world to explore with 12 interconnected levels featuring scores of secret, hidden areas
You can check out some screenshots below.