Developer Auroch Digital and publisher Ripstone Games announced that Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics is releasing in North America on PS4 on the 20th of November, in Europe on PS4 on the 21st of November, and worldwide on Xbox One on the 23rd of November.
Having launched on Steam in October, Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics is the video game adaptation of the hugely popular tabletop RPG from Modiphius Entertainment. In this occult turn-based strategy game, players are up against a rogues’ gallery of Lovecraftian beings controlled by the Nazis and have to use cunning military tactics, along with some nifty supernatural powers, to save the world.
Set in an alternate history of World War II; the Nazis’ investigations into the occult have resulted in the summoning of Lovecraftian monsters. Only Charlie Company, an elite band of allied forces, have a chance of accomplishing the impossible; foiling the Nazi plans to turn the tide of war.
Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics utilizes a mix of turn-based strategy and RPG mechanics as players embark on a harrowing campaign against the forces of evil. Each hero character features their own backstory, weapon specialisations and combat abilities to give players an edge in the battlefield.
- Tactical Combat: direct a squad of allied heroes in innovative turn-based ground battles.
- Momentum System: perform well in combat by racking up kills and executing critical hits to earn Momentum and turn the tide of battle in your favour.
- Light vs Dark: harness the power of the light to expose and suppress the spawn of Cthulhu hiding in wait in the oppressive darkness.
- AP System: every decision is important and the Action Point System gives you the flexibility to put as much emphasis into heavy combat or nimble movement as you like.
- Psychological System: witness too many horrors of war and watch as your unit's sanity begins to unravel mid-fight.
- Build Your Team: characters have unique skills that can be unlocked and levelled up in different ways, and weapons can be modified to give a variety of benefits. This lets you customize your squad to better vanquish Nazi scum.
- Weird World War: explore the Lovecraft-meets-WW2 universe of Achtung! Cthulhu like never before with Mythos-inspired enemies and a story-driven campaign handcrafted by John Houlihan which ties directly into the pen and paper roleplaying game narrative.
Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics will be available on PS4 and Xbox One for $24.99/£19.99/€24.99. A Nintendo Switch version is also in development.