Following the reveal of Shadowbringers, the third expansion pack for Final Fantasy XIV, Square Enix today announced the first details of the thrilling climax for the Stormblood expansion that will lay the foundation for new challenges to come.
Titled "A Requiem for Heroes", patch 4.5 is slated to arrive in two parts: the first in early January 2019 and the second in late March 2019. In addition to a multitude of new content, the update will add the highly anticipated blue mage job.
During a special Letter from the Producer LIVE stream at Fan Festival, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida shared more details on blue mage. The job will provide a unique solo gameplay experience where players will learn all of its abilities by fighting monsters. Additionally, blue mage-exclusive job content will also be released with Patch 4.5; The Masked Carnivale will provide additional challenges to players once they have reached the blue mage level cap of 50.
A number of other features were announced for Patch 4.5, including:
- New Main Scenario Quests
- The Finale of The Four Lords
- Even Further Hildibrand Adventures
- New Instanced Dungeons – The Ghimlyt Dark
- Third Chapter in the Return to Ivalice Alliance Raid Series – The Orbonne Monastery
- New Trials – Seiryu – The Wreathe of Snakes (Normal and Extreme)
- The Forbidden Land, Eureka – Hydatos Expedition
- Rival Wings Update – New Map
- Gold Saucer Update – New GATE
- New World Visit System
- And much more
As revealed last week, patch 4.5 will be followed by the "Shadowbringers" expansion in Summer 2019. This expansion will bring an abundance of new content, including a new player race, multiple new jobs, an increased level cap, sprawling new areas, adjustments to the battle system, as well as a variety of new battle, crafter and gatherer content.