Developer and publisher Digital Extremes announced that Warframe is now available on Nintendo Switch. The award-winning cooperative online action game offers Nintendo Switch players the chance to experience what 38 million other players have loved more than five years of development, lightning-fast action gameplay paired with 1-4 player cooperative online play.
In celebration of this launch, Digital Extremes has created a package of free items that should warm players up during the cold holidays. To access these free gifts, players simply need download Warframe and install the Comms Segment in the Vor's Prize tutorial quest, then check their in-game message inbox before December 4. The launch gift includes:
- 3 Day Affinity Booster
- Orokin Catalyst
- Orokin Reactor
- 50k Credits (Frugal Credit Bundle)
Key Features of the Nintendo Switch version of Warframe include:
- Free!: Warframe is free-to-play on Nintendo Switch and digitally downloadable.
- Cooperative Four-Player Gameplay: Warframe delivers dynamic 1-4 player cooperative play on Nintendo Switch on day one.
- Launch Content: Warframe launched on PC in March 2013. When Warframe arrives on Nintendo Switch November 20, it will deliver more than five years' of game content including 23 major updates, three cinematic quests, one open-world update and 36 Warframes.
- All of the content up to the Mask of the Revenant update -- updates, weapons, Warframes, items, gear -- are included at Nintendo Switch launch.
- The current Prime Access program will provide players with access to Nova Prime, Mag Prime, and Chroma Prime, and will be in-line with currently running Prime programs on all other systems at launch.
Warframe will be constantly offering regular free updates. The open world Fortuna expansion will arrive on Nintendo Switch soon, with Garuda, the 37th Warframe, arriving on Nintendo Switch simultaneous with the Fortuna update. According to Digital Extremes, Warframe on Nintendo Switch will be in content parity with all other consoles in 2019.
Warframe will support motion controls and Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers at launch. Tenno can use the classic both Joy-Con controllers 1) attached to the Nintendo Switch console, 2) attached to the Nintendo Switch Grip, 3) detached Joy-Con controllers, and 4) Pro Controllers. Players can customize the level of sensitivity in the menu to their liking. Motion control functionality is also available at launch.
In addition, Warframe provides built-in voice chat, and does not require the Nintendo Switch Online App. Finally, just like with the PS4 and Xbox One accounts, Digital Extremes will permit players to migrate their PC account to their Nintendo Switch account. This will happen during a limited time frame from day one at launch to a future date.
Warframe is out now on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.