Developer The Farm 51 has announced Chernobylite, a sci-fi survival horror game that is coming to PC and consoles. From the team behind the critically acclaimed Get Even, Chernobylite mixes the free exploration of its disturbing world with challenging combat, unique crafting, and non-linear storytelling.
Chernobylite is set 30 years after the chernobyl catastrophe. The pollution in Chernobyl continues to increase due to the unexpected activity of a dangerous substance produced as a result of the explosion, called “chernobylite”. It is rumored from other stalkers still living in the Zone, that under the influence of its radioactivity, strange things have started to happen. Things only described in tales for naughty children up until now.
You’re returning to Chernobyl with one goal in mind: to find your missing girlfriend and uncover the dark secret behind her disappearance. Get ready to confront not only the dangers of radiation and the military presence, but also the potential threat emanating from these new, mysterious happenings. Keep your wits about you and try to maintain your composure, because Chernobylite is going to challenge your very sanity.
In order to survive you must ally or compete with other stalkers of the Chernobyl zone to survive, but you must always keep in mind that your decisions will determine the fate of your companions. You can spend as long as you need preparing; however, be aware that your story is still being written. With every passing moment your chances of success are dwindling, comrades are dying, supplies are running out, or an unexpected patrol could discover you. On top of this, supernatural dangers are arising around you in mysterious patterns. Each day brings new challenges, adding to the ever-increasing severity of your current situation.
Chernobylite Main Features:
- Explore the beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone;
- Collaborate or compete with other stalkers of the Zone. But whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember everybody has a hidden agenda. Always;
- Face and survive the natural and supernatural threats;
- Immerse yourself in the non-linear, thrilling, science-fiction horror story;
- Make good use of your physics and chemistry knowledge to craft your equipment and manage your supplies;
- Fight against the savage creatures pouring out from an alternate reality;
- Investigate and collect data with a set of sophisticated environment and substance-analyzing tools.
Chernobylite releases this fall.