Publisher Focus Home Interactive and developer Saber Interactive today announced that World War Z will launch on the 16th of April.
World War Z takes players on a zombie-packed journey through unique survivor stories around the world in New York, Moscow, Jerusalem and more. The action-packed co-op campaign of Saber’s World War Z delivers unique survivor stories and missions around the world. Work together with your team, using deadly weapons, explosives and traps to unleash hell on wave after wave of the relentless undead and survive to fight another day.
World War Z also features Players vs Players vs Zombies (PvPvZ) game modes. What separates PvPvE in World War Z from other multiplayer games is the zombie swarm, which storms the arena throughout the match, forcing players to battle both each other and the undead and allowing the tide of the fight to turn in an instant.
World War Z will launch with the following multiplayer modes:
- Scavenge Raid: players race to secure resources across the map to win
- Vaccine Hunt: players must pick up and hold an object to earn point for the team.
- Swarm Deathmatch: Two teams go head to head in a bitter fight to the end
- Swarm Domination: Capture zones to earn points and win a team victory
- King of the Hill: Capture a single hill, then control it to earn victory points
In addition, World War Z allows players to choose from six unique classes loaded with several unique perks:
- Gunslinger – For those who skip the questions and shoot first, the Gunslinger is loaded with an arsenal of weapon damage and ammo-boosting perks to mow down the dead.
- Hellraiser – Enough explosives can solve any problem! Hellraisers come armed with C4 and other tools for effective crowd control.
- Slasher – For warriors with a sense of elegance, the best way to kill is with your trusty blade. Slashers have perks that increase melee damage and effectiveness while their armed tasers deliver electrifying results.
- Medic – Sometimes the best way to fight the undead is keeping your teammates from becoming one of them. Armed with a Stim Pistol, Medics can heal fellow survivors from a distance and help keep the chaos under control.
- Fixer – When versatility in any situation is the highest priority, the Fixer is there for you, starting out with an explosive ammo case and several teammate ammo-restoring perks.
- Exterminator – Fire is the answer! Armed with Molotov cocktails and increased fire damage, the Exterminator just wants to watch the undead burn.
World War Z will be available for PS4, Xbox One and PC.