Studio MDHR has announced that Cuphead is now available for Nintendo Switch. In addition, today also marks the release of a brand new free content update for the other versions of the game (Xbox One, PC , Mac) that features Mugman in single-player, fully animated cutscenes, never-before-seen art and fight intros, 11 additional languages, a plethora of bug fixes, and plenty of secrets for players to discover.
Cuphead is a classic run and gun action game heavily focused on boss battles. Inspired by cartoons of the 1930's, the visuals and audio are painstakingly created with the same techniques of the era, i.e. traditional cel animation (hand drawn & hand inked!), watercolor backgrounds, and original jazz recordings. Play as Cuphead or Mugman (in single player or co-op) as you traverse strange worlds, acquire new weapons, learn powerful super moves, and discover hidden secrets.
- Fast and challenging action, retro stylings with modern depth
- Huge, screen filling bosses
- A wide variety of wacky weapons, supers, and secrets
- Schmup levels sprinkled throughout to test your skill
- Amazing hand drawn art in '30s style
- Original jazz compositions, recorded live
- Irreverent and wacky sense of humor inspired by 30s cartoons
- Play as a guy with a cup for a head (or a mug)
- Simple enough to pick up and play, tuned for speed running
- Unique parry defense system
Cuphead is available to purchase via Nintendo eShop for $19.99/£16.99/€19.99.