Developer and publisher AYGames announced that Deck of Ashes, its single-player rogue-lite RPG with deck-building mechanics, is now available in Early Access on Steam.
Deck of Ashes is a procedurally-generated turn-based RPG with a unique twist: players must explore the game world as they track down powerful cards in order to forge a powerful Battle Deck. After battling an ever-more challenging succession of foes, players will use their deck to battle the ultimate evil and dispel the Ash Curse. Be careful, though, as losing a battle means losing all your hard-earned cards, and having to start fresh.
In Deck of Ashes, players will find themselves scouring a grim fantasy world in search of combat cards, supplies, and other resources - all while battling against some of the vilest beasts the cursed land has to offer. While collecting cards to create a merciless powerhouse of a deck, players will choose their champion from a band of ruthless antiheroes — each of whom has a unique set of cards — and take on the world, one intense encounter after another.
- Build Power-Fueled Decks: Test your wit and your strategic mettle with powerful Battle Decks, each crafted with unique combat cards that deal staggering combos and unforgiving effects
- Eerily Wonderful Environments: Explore and navigate a completely hand-drawn cursed landscape with dangers lurking in every shadow
- A Biome (and Monster) for Every Occasion: Discover unique biomes, each harboring different monster types
- Stayin’ Alive, Stayin’ Alive: Enjoy an ever-changing, new experience each game with procedurally generated realms waiting to devour the next unwary traveler
- No Mercy for the Weary: Mistakes are unacceptable, death is forever — without the use of dark magic, once you die, you’re gone for good
The full release of Deck of Ashes is planned for later in 2019.