Arc System Works announced that two of their premiere fighting games, Guilty Gear and Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus R, are now available on the Nintendo Switch eShop.
Guilty Gear is the game that started it all. Originally released in 1998, Guilty Gear is the brainchild of famed game developer Daisuke Ishiwatari, and quickly became a cult favorite among fighting game players. It introduced the world to an eclectic cast of characters as well as a number of unique game mechanics like the infamous instant kill attack that could finish off an opponent at any time. Many of these game mechanics are still used in Guilty Gear's modern incarnations and is testament to how revolutionary its design was over 20 years ago.
- The original 13 character cast - Revisit your favorite characters and special moves.
- Pixel perfect - A faithful reproduction of the original heavy metal fighting game in all its 2D glory.
- Deadly attacks - Unleash furious attack chains with "Gatling Combinations" then finish them off with instant kill "Destroy Attacks".
First released in 2006 in arcades as Guilty Gear: Accent Core, Plus R is the culmination of numerous balance fixes and refinements made over the course of the "XX" series of games to optimize each of the 25 characters’ individual fighting styles. It is considered the definitive version of the 2D Guilty Gear series and set the stage for its direct sequel, Guilty Gear Xrd.
- Full 25 character cast - Accent Core Plus marked the return of fan favorites Kliff Undersn and Justice, rounding out the cast of 25 playable characters. And in the Plus R version (this one!), they, alongside everyone else, have been fine-tuned for more competitive play!
- Modes by the Bucketload - All-time series favorite modes are back: Survival, M.O.M., Mission, and Training Modes.
- So Metal - The game features the Korean soundtrack, composed and contributed to the 2003 title ”GUILTY GEAR XX #RELOAD,” by renowned Korean rock artist Shin Hae Chul.
- Online Multiplayer - Go up against your friends (or enemies, or strangers) in Ranked or Player matches, using the magic of the internet. Ranked matches track your wins, while Player matches don't — so just have fun!
Guilty Gear is available to purchase for $9.99, and Guilty Gear: Accent Core Plus R for $12.99.