Developer Mardonpol and publisher 2tainment GmbH today announced that their strategy-focused start-up management simulator Tech Corp. will launch on Steam Early Access on the 20th of June.
With an in-game timeline starting in the late ‘90s and continuing on into the present year, Tech Corp. challenges players to take leadership of a small start-up. They’ll begin by choosing which country to launch the company, hire employees, develop, manufacture and launch their first product — then the worldwide tech industry takeover begins! Along with the ability to design, produce, and launch a variety of tech products, players are also responsible for taking them through to a successful global launch. Just about everything can be managed and customized in Tech Corp., from the memory space in a console’s hard drive to the logos on the cases for the video games players create!
Along with the design, production, and marketing of products, special apps similar to Steam, Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, and Spotify can be developed. With this, players create games, television shows, movies, YouTube channels, and music playlists for each respective platform — all of which receive real-time comments and feedback from the in-game public.
Key Features of Tech Corp.:
- Build a Dream Team: Hire employees based on their skill to design, develop, research, and market your tech — and everything else your company creates! Players manage five employee types, each with their own roles and specializations.
- Hardware Development: Unlike similar technology business sims, Tech Corp. allows you to dive deep into your product designs - even deciding how to customize the hardware components in your products from the quality of the display to the storage size of the hard drive
- Software Development: Develop cutting edge software that’s a step above the rest! After assigning them to a software project, your devoted programming employees take care of the heavy lifting, all while you manage progress!
- Factory Mania: With an entire factory and the various production elements at your disposal, the ability to choose machines and their production rate is in the palm of your hand (literally)!
- Crafting System: A robust manufacturing system leaves you in charge of ordering materials, managing components, creating products piece by piece, and managing project budgets
- Produce, Release, Repeat: Keep a tight watch on inventory, making sure you have the parts you need, without too much inventory sitting around. Careful project management ensures that products are released and marketed in a timely manner to meet consumer needs — but keep an eye out for poor sales, and be ready to respond!
- Home Sweet Office: Customize everything in your office from window placement to how close your employees sit to one another. Don’t forget to add a foosball table and television for break time!
Tech Corp. is set to launch on Steam Early Access for $19.99.