SEGA has announced that Valkyria Chronicles 4: Complete Edition, a digital package which contains all add-on content released for the game, is now available to purchase for $49.99. With the release of the Complete Edition, the base game is now available at a permanently reduced price of $29.99.
If you happen to own the base game already, a convenient all-in-one DLC pack is also available for $24.99. This package contains add-on scenarios ranging from high-difficulty maps to entirely new story content, including:
- A United Front with Squad 7
- Edy's Advance Ops
- The Two Valkyria
- Expert Level Skirmishes
- A Captainless Squad
- Squad E, to the Beach!
Valkyria Chronicles 4 is set in the year 1935 EC. The continent of Europa is engulfed in the flames of the Second Europan War between the Atlantic Federation and the Autocratic Eastern Imperial Alliance. Although the Federation struggles valiantly against the Empire's forces, the relentless imperial military machine threatens to consume them. With victory slipping away, the Federation executes Operation Northern Cross: a last-ditch attempt to capture the imperial capital and end the war.
Commander Claude Wallace and his loyal childhood friends in Squad E are sent to fight for the desperate operation's success, but they will have to endure harsh bone-chilling elements, waves of imperial soldiers, and the terrifying Valkyria... and unravel a grave truth that will shake them to the core.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 Features:
- A Coming-of-Age Story in a Time of War - Valkyria Chronicles 4 takes place in the same timeframe as the original Valkyria Chronicles, but focuses on a whole new cast of main characters. Players will take command of the eager, young Commander Claude Wallace, engineer/heavy weapons extraordinaire Riley Miller, hotheaded Darcsen Raz, ice-cold ace sniper Kai Schulen, and more. Together, they will experience the painful realities of war-but will the bonds of Squad E's friendships survive the frozen battlefield?
- The Next Generation "BLiTZ" Battle System - The part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter "BLiTZ" battle system returns to the field. New features include an explosive new class called the Grenadier, numerous offensive/defensive battleship support options, chances for a unit to have a "Last Stand" action before death, and more. Plus, fight the imperial threat with more units on larger-scale maps than ever before.
- CANVAS Aesthetics - The series' signature hand-drawn visual style is back and overhauled for the newest generation. Inspired by watercolor compositions, the CANVAS Graphics Engine blends visual elements of reality and imagination to create an expressive world filled with colorful emotions. Watch the journey of Squad E unfold like an interactive painting!
- The Return of a Legendary Composer - The illustrious Hitoshi Sakimoto, original composer of the Valkyria Chronicles series and countless other emotional epics, returns to provide a sweeping orchestral score for Valkyria Chronicles 4.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 is available for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.