XSEED Games today announced a retail limited edition of Rune Factory 4 Special, the remastered version of the critically acclaimed RPG simulation title coming to the Nintendo Switch.
Rune Factory 4 Special 'Archival Edition' is a beautifully crafted collection including an art book commemorating the work on the entire Rune Factory series by character designer Minako Iwasaki, as well as new illustrations for the premium box and art book cover by the artist. Full contents include:
- Physical copy of Rune Factory 4 Special for Nintendo Switch
- 160-page art book measuring 5.8” x 8.2” featuring the works of Minako Iwasaki from Rune Factory 1 through 4, Rune Factory: Frontier, and Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
- Official soundtrack CD consisting of 33 tracks from the original release, plus 3 new tracks
- ‘Swimsuit Day’ DLC that adds an option to have characters appear in their swimsuits
- Premium custom box with original illustration by Minako Iwasaki
Rune Factory 4 Special marks the return of the beloved entry in the popular Story of Season spinoff series that combines farming with dungeon adventuring. The original game on the Nintendo 3DS makes its debut on Nintendo Switch in HD bringing the joys of growing crops, raising monsters, and building friendships in an epic fantasy world to players old and new, while seasoned explorers will be delighted to discover features such as a brand new opening movie and the challenging “Hell” difficulty level. Other farm-fresh features include ‘Newlywed Mode’, which introduces special episodes about living the married life with the game’s 12 eligible bachelors and bachelorettes featuring new voices and in-game cutscenes.
Rune Factory 4 Special releases this Winter on Nintendo Switch. The 'Archival Edition' will be available for preorder soon for $59.99 at the XSEED Games Store and other participating retailers, while a physical standalone edition will also be offered for $39.99.