Foresight Games announced Project Haven, a Tactical Turn-Based RPG with a gritty storyline.
In Project Haven, you command the Steel Dragons - a mercenary outfit fighting for survival in the harsh, urban future that is Haven City. Select and control squads of mercs as they battle gangsters, rival mercs and corrupt government forces in a bid to make ends meet and make a difference where you can. Manage your crew’s stats and gear, wrangle a diverse range of merc personalities, and conquer the deep tactical elements that make Project Haven a standalone turn-based combat experience.
Project Haven takes place in a fictional post-apocalyptic near-future scenario where several events made most of the world barren. What's left of the world's population is now concentrated under a plasma-shielded city named Haven. Thirty-six million people are living under the rule of corporate plutocracy. The further from the Nexus you get, the poorer and more powerless you are. Outside there is a wasteland. Inside there is a society struggling to maintain its humanity.
In this broken and unfair society, the player takes the role of the leader of the Steel Dragons, a motley crew of mercenaries devoted to making money and staying alive. If they can do some good and right a few wrongs along the way, all the better, but that’s not easy in a city where the ‘haves’ have it all and the ‘have nots’ are thrown the scraps. Where is the justice in a city where crime is relative to who is committing it? The ‘law’ is established by the rich and inflicted upon the poor so that the barriers with Haven City, both social and geographical, remain firmly in place.
Along the way, the player undertakes missions that will reveal both the depths of desperation and the heights of hope that drive the struggling citizens of Haven City. As the events unfold, the player and their Steel Dragons will come face to face with a dark truth. A cold and brutal conspiracy that beats in the corrupted heart of this last city on Earth.
- Manual override on aiming: Our unique free-aiming system allows you to take control of a merc and manually shoot from 3rd person view. With our modular damage feature, you can wing your enemy to reduce their accuracy, shoot them in the legs to slow their movement or go for sweet extra damage with a headshot.
- Flexible tactical combat: Hunker down or lean into cover. Use stealth to avoid detection. Throw grenades or heal your mercs. Hack locks or demolish walls to get to your enemies. And all the while your mercs have free movement, navigating without restrictive square or hex grids.
- Mature storytelling: Learn the harsh realities of a seething megacity full of desperation and dark secrets. Witness the gritty lives of mercs and NPCs, and experience a story-driven campaign with fully voiced and motion-captured characters and cinematics.
- Rpg character building: Command a group of mercenaries, each with their own unique personality and attitude to other characters. Improve their attributes and unlock new skills as they gain experience and level up.
- Advanced weapon mechanics: Magazine management, chambered bullets, and different types of ammo for different situations. Calibers and ammunition types affect how far and how well projectiles penetrate and damage the target.
- Co-op and skirmish mode: Play solo or with up to 3 friends in a turn-based online co-op campaign mode, or skirmish in randomly generated maps, fighting against friends or AI, either alone or in a co-op game.
Project Haven will be available for PC.