In anticipation of the release of the long-awaited Kingdom Under Fire 2, Gameforge has released an all-new trailer showcasing the vicious troops and combat players can expect from the latest and most ambitious entry in the award-winning series.
Master tactics, win victories, and strategize the fall of kingdoms: recruit units from 12 different factions to stand behind you like a wall of steel as you level them up, improve their gear, and grant them new abilities to ensure the annihilation of your enemies. Team up with allies and take direct control of a colossal war machine to dominate Bersia’s battlefields in epic RTS encounters where you lead your forces!
Archers, scorpions, ogres and wizards – choose the perfect mix from over 80 different troops from 12 different factions and conquer the battlefield. Combine magic barrages with brute strength, crusaders with mortarmen, melee brawlers with ranged sharpshooters, siege giants with mystic enchanters – the possibilities are endless!
Combining the real-time strategy (RTS) and massively multiplayer online (MMO) genres, the armies of Kingdom Under Fire 2 hosts a bevy of diverse troops:
- Sorcerers: The Sorcerers are the rarest and most adept creatures in the Orc tribe. They weaken their enemies by plaguing them with curses and disease. Most of these Sorcerers take on a leading role in the villages, using their sorcery to keep them under control. While they occasionally curse the wrong targets by mistake, somehow they always manage to smooth talk their way out of any responsibility.
- Ogres: Bulging Ogres break the fighting spirit of the enemy on the battlefield with incredible powers of rejuvenation. They enjoy a mutual relationship with the Orcs, the two races supporting one another in their meanderings through the wasteland. But the Orcs have recently become concerned, as they have discovered that the Ogres have an ulterior motive.
- Arsonists: Arsonists are among the biggest troublemakers in Bersia. They help their allies by immobilizing the enemy’s melee troops during battle, but their unceasing passion for fire can be a dicey affair for cave-dwelling Orcs.
- Scorpion: This Scorpion is the sole survivor of a long-forgotten war. It wandered aimlessly through the wilderness until it came across a band of Orcs. It has remained with them ever since, joining in their battles. But it still leaves the encampment to wander the surroundings, looking for its long-deceased kin.
- Iron Wall Heavy Calvary: The Hironeiden Heavy Cavalrymen wear equipment different from that of the other cavalrymen, but it is their propensity for charging at the enemy like an unstoppable force that led to them being dubbed Iron Wall Heavy Cavalry. This troop is the icon of the Hironeiden Army, and other cavalrymen envy them for their strength and perfection. But many a rider has been broken in pursuit of this ideal.
- Mortarmen: Mortarmen always get a rough rap because of their low accuracy. However, the Hironeiden Army make very efficient use of their mortarmen, minimizing incidents of friendly fire. As a result, Hironeiden Mortarmen are highly praised by their allies and boast high morale.
- Bowman: Many Elves choose the bow as their main weapon, and the Elves of the Roserain Forest are no different. Their close affinity for nature makes them capable of treating wounded animals and warriors alike, making them very popular among mercenaries. While many try to lure the Roserain Bowmen away from their current employers, they remain stalwartly loyal.
- Crusader: Originally crusaders of Ecclesia, they later joined the Bersia Mercenaries. After fighting together in countless battles, they developed a fraternal relationship with the others, and are now prepared to lay down their lives for their comrades.
- Halberdier: Boasting better gear and tougher training than regular soldiers, the Halberdiers have long been the greatest pride of Hironeiden. Their hand-to-hand combat skills have helped Hironeiden to prosper, and they are still regarded with the utmost respect and sense of honor.
- Royal Wizard: The Royal Wizard can turn the tide of battle with his powerful fire magic. But having given his all in pursuit of these arts, the wizard suffers from a poor constitution. His slow movement has similarly been a big obstacle in various aspects, but his powerful magic compensates for it.
Kingdom Under Fire 2 releases on the 14th of November on PC.